Yo, It’s my birthday!
I am so privileged and grateful to God for keeping me this far. I’m thankful for the past year and hopeful for the new year.
I always thought as a kid that growing up will be so cool and adults are so lucky. Little did I know that growing up is a trap, you’re never getting out of it like you got out of childhood. I don’t have it all figured out but I choose to live my best life, I only have one of it and I’m going to do and be everything God has called me to be.
Did I meet all my expectations for the last year, NO! I am not rich, lol. I’m not done with uni. (No thanks to COVID-19 and ASUU), I didn’t go out as I wished (still no thanks to the pandemic) and sis still vibe to Beyonce’s song “All the single ladies” lol.
But YES! My relationship with God got better, I did lose some weight especially belly fat (can I get an Hallelujah for that) and the highlight of it all is I stepped out of my comfort zone and started this Blog. God has been faithful all in all.
In honor of my birthday, I decided to share some of the important lessons I’ve learnt in my years on this earth. I hope it inspires you, you can pick one or two of the lessons and apply them to your own life.
Here are the Important Life Lessons
1. Stop expecting you from everybody. Just because you have a big heart doesn’t mean everyone else does.
2. Trust your instincts. They are messages from your soul and they’ve gotten you this far.
3. Start with what you have. Grow in the process, if you don’t start you will never know how far you will go. Start that business, start that blog, write that book, just start.
4. It’s okay to be ambitious. To want to be more than we are is real, normal and healthy.
5. Be nice. It can not only change your life, it can change the world and being nice does not mean you should not use your common sense.
6. Don’t envy others. It won’t do you any good. Not all that glitters is gold.
7. Be open to new experiences. Keep an open mind and an open heart.
8. Talk less, listen more. Think before you talk.
9. Stop Overthinking. Overthinking is the biggest cause of unhappiness.
10. You’re doing better than you think. Keep going, you’ve got this.
11. Stay away from toxic people. You have better things to do.
12. Take care of your body. Your body is God’s temple, take care of it.
13. Everything will be alright. Read this
14. Don’t rush. Take things slow, don’t rush to take important decisions.
15. Be yourself. Another important lesson learned is to be yourself that’s the best thing you can ever be.
16. Explore. Explore new food, explore new places, take that class that will improve your skills.
17. Learn how to cook. Cooking is less expensive and you have control over your menu. Check out my recipes
18. Ask for help. The worst they will say is No. Ask another person, some will be flattered you thought enough of them to ask.
19. Take a break. Rest! If you need to take a break from social media, do it, It helps.
20. Your journey is different. Don’t copy and paste another person’s lifestyle. Your path is different. Twins that are born the same day don’t have the same journey.
21. Be grateful. This is one of the major life lessons learned. No matter how bad you think your life is, it’s someone’s fairy tale.
22. Allow God. To mould you for His Glory, allow Him to use your weakness because it’s where God’s power is made perfect.
Lots of love,